Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Titillating Tuesday: My New Life

Since I didn't receive anything back from the last poem for class, I will post another one. Maybe this one will get more acclaim. =)

As I lay in pain and anguish, she finds me.
Her box of hope, love, despair, mayhem
beckons me like a beacon of light.
My hands touch the precious jewels of yesteryears.
A longing sense builds inside me
I am unable to contain myself
As I open her lid.
My insides go out, as the out goes in
My world remains chaos.
As I lay down next to Pandora's open box
My strength lies in a puddle at my feet.
The melted ice I use to hold the walls
cracking like the frosted lake in spring.
I fall through, temptation in over abundance.
I suddenly hear that voice so calm and fierce,
Be like the leather strap, weathered with time.
It grows stronger, pliable, to the hard times ahead.
The words ring true, and somehow I regain the strength
the strength to survive another day.
I rise up like phoenix from the ashes
To begin again
My new life.

No comments: