While doing some research, I found some interesting fact about sleep:
- Those who sleep fewer than six hours a night don't live as long as those who sleep seven hours or more.
- The National Commission on Sleep Disorders estimates that sleep deprivation costs $150 billion a year in higher stress and reduced workplace productivity.
- Getting the sleep that you need is likely to enhance your overall quality of life
- The more you invest in your sleep, the bigger return you will see in everything else that you do. Sleeping is your most valuable activity of the day.
I decided a few months ago to try and sleep better. I covered all my windows in my bedroom with black fabric, made my room comfy and cozy, and made sure that all electronic equpment was turned off when I went to bed. I have been sleeping better, but my sleep still isn't satisfying to me. I decided to look online to see if there were a few things I was missing, and you know what, there were. At Sleep Education.com
I found that there were many things to do to get better rest. I didn't realize that there were different sleeping habits for women and men (which I find it hard to believe) but you should check them out for yourselves. I'm only going to post ones that are for women because I'm a woman. If you want to find out more, you will have to do a little of your own research.
- Make your bedroom a comfortable and safe place. Reduce noises and extreme temperatures that might disturb you.
- Use light and comfortable bed linens and garments.
- Go to bed only when you are sleepy and use the bed only for sleeping and sex.
- Begin rituals to help you relax at bedtime, such as taking a soothing bath or enjoying a light snack.
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day, including weekends and holidays.
- If you need to take a nap, keep it to less than one hour and take it before 3 p.m.
- Only drink caffeine in the morning, and avoid alcohol and cigarettes late in the day.
- Stay away from fatty, spicy foods that are likely to upset your stomach or cause heartburn.
- Set aside time during the day to get all of your worries out of your system.
- Increase vitamin E in your diet, or take a vitamin E supplement.
- Hormone replacement therapy may help you sleep better by relieving severe hot flashes related to menopause. Ask your doctor for advice about this kind of treatment.
- Only use sleeping pills when supervised by a doctor.
- Talk to your doctor or a sleep specialist if you have an ongoing problem related to your sleep.
Happy Sleeping!
No comments:
Post a Comment