Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday

So here’s the deal. I am forced to watch a half an hour of T.V. everyday while I’m running at the gym. I say forced because it’s on, I’m running on a treadmill, and it’s not like the building in front of the window is interesting. I normally try to watch sports center, but my music only allows me to look up every once and a while, and I usually just miss the scoop. I have taken to watching the Today’s show, or whatever show Kathy Lee Gifford is on now. NOT that I like Kathy Lee, it is funny to see her talking to Marilyn Manson. I digressed…

I looked up today and saw a commercial. Yeah, I know, not stop the press worthy, but this commercial was geared towards women. There were a bunch of skinny waifs running around in spandex eating….Jello? Oh yes…jello. The commercial went on and on about how it’s low in calories and carbs, blah, blah, blah. Then they did the whole wiggly thing or jiggly whatever. My mind says, “sure it’s low in calories, but I have plenty things on my body that jiggles without the jello.” UGH. I can see marketing Jello to kids, it’s fun, has bright colors, and chalked full of sugar and bad things. Marketing it to women to show they can be skinny while eating their kids candy? I’m in the gym trying to work off my jiggles, not make more.

So there is one of my problems with commercials. Do you have any commercials that bother you?

No comments: